Solid Waste & Recycling
Manager: Jeff Jenkins (540) 775-3176
10376 Bullock Drive
King George, VA 22485 Contact Us
The King George County Landfill is located at 10376 Bullock Drive, which is on SR 665 adjacent to the Birchwood Power Plant. A convenience center is located on Route 205 across from the King George Elementary School. If you have any questions regarding the operation of the landfill, please feel free to contact our office at 775-3123.
Forms of Payment- King George County Convience Centers accept checks, all major credit cards, money orders and certified checks only. They do not accept cash for payment.
Hours of Operation
Rt. 205 Convenience Center: Mon-Sat 6 a.m. to 6 p.m, and Sunday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Landfill Convenience Center: Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Holidays: The landfill is closed on July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. This will be posted at the beginning of each calendar year.
Convenience Center Use Policy
King George County provides free disposal and recycling services for its residents at the two convenience centers located in the county, provided the following terms:
- The resident delivers waste and recyclable that was generated in their own home.
- The waste and recyclables must be delivered in a non-commercial/non-business vehicle.
- The vehicle delivering waste must display a current King George County vehicle sticker. If the vehicle is registered out of county, and you own property in King George, an annual disposal permit must be obtained from the County Administrator's Office. This permit is not intended for commercial vehicles and will not be granted for their use. These permits expire in December of each year.
- Scavenging of any materials at the convenience centers and the landfill is strictly prohibited.
If a resident must use a commercial vehicle to do a special project on their own residential property, approval from the Director of the Solid Waste and Recycling Department must be granted in advance to obtain free disposal. This approval will be granted on a case-by-case basis, and will only apply for a specified period of time and number of loads. The approval will be voided if the waste delivered is determined to have been generated from a business operation.
Businesses vehicles, regardless of the amount of waste being delivered, must use the new landfill in Sealston. Vehicles are required to weigh in, and pay for the waste to be disposed of. The following fee schedule will apply (the current gate rate is $39.00 per ton) to business vehicles delivering solid waste, yard waste, and recyclables to the landfill:
|Vehicle Type and Size of Load*||Flat Rate Prices|
|Cars, vans, and small pickup trucks / trucks with sideboards||$10.00 / $12.00|
|Large pickup trucks / trucks with sideboards||$16.00 / $23.00|
|Large pickup with trailer||$50.00|
All other commercial/business vehicles at the gate rate based on weight.
* Business vehicles meeting these descriptions are subject to mandatory charges according to the approved schedule.
What can be Recycled ?
Yard Waste - Main landfill only
CFC Containing appliances - we remove the CFCs for recycling and then
place them in the scrap metal pile.
What cannot be Recycled at the Route 205 Center ?
Furniture, Mattresses, Construction debris
Jeff Jenkins (540) 775-3176
Landfill Operations Manager
Bridgid Maciejewski (540) 775-3267
Mike Pollard (540)-775-3278