Engineering and Public Works
County Engineer: Travis Quesenberry (540) 775-9181
10459 Courthouse Drive Suite 200 (540) 775-5248 Fax
King George VA, 22485 Contact Us
The Department of Engineering and Public Works provides professional engineering, construction administration, and inspection services to King George County and the King George County Service Authority. In addition, the Department supports the Department of Community Development and the Industrial Development Authority in new development and economic development projects.
The adopted FY07-08 Budget for the Department continues and expands the current year's programs. Programs that are adopted to be implemented or improved during FY07-2008 include:
- Reviewing the existing availability of water and investigation of alternatives for meeting future County needs.
- Supporting the improvement, development and expansion of public water and wastewater systems to meet the needs of the County.
- Provide timely technical and professional support to County departments and to the King George County Service Authority.Timeliness, consistency and quality in performing plan reviews for County, Service Authority and development projects.
- Supporting the development of an economic development environment that attracts new businesses and retains and expands existing businesses.
- Managing those County Capital Improvement Projects that are funded by the Board of Supervisors.
- Managing King George County Service Authority Capital Improvement Projects.
- Protection of the County's natural resources.