The Board of Supervisors and the Economic Development Authority (EDA) are committed to creating prosperity and opportunity, while enhancing the Quality of Life in King George County, through Economic Development. To this end, the EDA has established an Economic Development Plan identifying a strategy for business recruitment and business retention.
The EDA's business recruitment strategy for boosting Economic Development in King George County targets the following industries:
- Advanced Manufacturing (Food, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Plastic/Polymers)
- Security Services (IT, Finance, Insurance, Professional/Business Service)
- Science and Research (Biotech, Nanotech, R & D, Emerging Industries, Energy, Medical Labs)
- Transportation (Auto, Aerospace distribution)
- Technology Zone/Park (Defense Contractors, R & D)
Further, the EDA has established a Business Visitation Program to garner concise, accurate and up-to-date information about the views and needs of existing County businesses in order to achieve the following:
- Retain existing jobs and businesses;
- Attract new businesses in alignment with the EDA's business recruitment strategy and provide assistance to local businesses with expansion plans in order to expand the tax base; and
- Develop and build upon existing relationships with the business community in order to enhance King George County's reputation as a good place to do business.
The Board of Supervisors and the Economic Development Authority (EDA) continue to devote substantial energy toward the attraction, retention and expansion of Economic Development in King George County.