King George County Convenience Center Use Policy
King George County has posted the Policy for the Convenience Center use. King George County offers free waste disposal and recycling services to its residents at the two County convenience centers, provided the following terms and conditions are met:
- The household waste and recyclable materials must be generated only from the property owner's residence located in King George County.
- The household waste and recyclable material must be delivered in a non-commercial/non-business vehicle.
- The non-commercial/non-business vehicle delivering the household waste and/or recyclable materials must display the new permanent King George County vehicle decal; this decal can be obtained from the King George County Treasurer's Office. If the vehicle is registered out of County, but the citizen owns property in the County, the property owner must obtain an annual disposal decal from the County Administrator's Office. The Treasurer's Office and the County Administrator's Office are both located in the Revercomb Building at 10459 Courthouse Drive, King George, VA 22485. The County Administrator's Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm., and the Treasurer's office is open Monday through Friday 8:15 am to 4:45 pm.
- Beginning January 1, 2008 vehicles that do not display the new permanent decal or the annual disposal decal will no longer be permitted to dispose of household waste and/or recyclable materials at the convenience centers.
- Scavenging of any materials at the convenience centers or landfill is strictly prohibited.
If a County resident desires to use a business or commercial vehicle for a special project on their own residential property, approval from the County Landfill Operations Manager (540) 775-3123 must be obtained in advance. This approval will be granted on a case by case basis and will only apply for a specified period of time and for a specified volume of waste and/or recyclable material. The approval will be voided if the waste delivered is determined to have been generated from any location other than the property owner's residential property located in King George County.
Business and/or commercial vehicles, regardless of the amount of waste being delivered, shall use the new landfill located off Birchwood Creek Road (Rt. 665).
Please direct any questions you may have to Mr. Jeff Jenkins, Landfill Operations Manager, at (540) 775-3123.
Thank you for your cooperation.