"Jury Service is one of the highest duties of citizenship, for by it the citizen participates in the administration of Justice between man and man and between government and the individual."
- Harlan Fiske Stone, Late Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court
Contact information for Jurors:
• Tiffany Brown, Administrative Staff, King George Sheriff's Office, Juror Clerk; Telephone 540-775-8499; Facsimile 540-775-4874
• Lakeshia Smith, Deputy Clerk, Circuit Court, Telephone 540-775-3322; Facsimile 540-775-5466
If you received a summons for jury duty, please read the summons in its entirety. This summons explains that you have been placed “on call” for jury duty for approximately a four month period, what we call a term. If you are selected to serve on a jury trial you will be called and notified in advance of when you are to appear. There are times when a jury trial is cancelled/settled at the last minute, so it is advised that you CONTACT 540-775-8499 after 5:00 p.m. the night prior to the day you have been instructed to appear. There will be a recording that tells you whether you still need to appear.
Please visit the JUROR PORTAL to do any of the following:
· Complete your juror questionnaire electronically;
· Request an “exclusion” for a small portion of your juror service which you have been summonsed;
· Request a “deferment” to be removed from current panel and be placed on one later in the same calendar year due to hardship, and
· Current jurors may review their records, review possible dates of service, print attendance letters for employer, and change or update contact information.
If you have been summoned for service, please refer to your summons for more detailed information.