The King George Combined District Courts are comprised of:
- Civil Divisions and Small Claims Court
- Domestic Relations, which includes Misdemeanors, Felonies, Capiases/Show Cause, Civil Support and Criminal Support
- General District Court
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court which includes Juvenile Traffic, Delinquency, Custody/Visitation, and Status Offenses
The Clerk's Office is the administrative arm of the Courts. The Clerk of the Court is the Court's administrative officer responsible for all office functions such as Records Management, Personnel Management, Financial Management, and Public Relations. The Clerk of the Court develops, implements, and administers procedures necessary for the efficient operation of the Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is currently staffed with four full-time employees-a Clerk of Court and three full-time Deputy Clerks. According to the Supreme Court staffing model, this Clerk's Office should have 4.55 positions based on caseload statistics for 2004.
The Court's caseload has increased for 2005, so the 4.55 positions will increase. The Clerk's office is currently understaffed by .55, which is 22 hours per week. A new Staffing Model Study is being conducted across the state which will more accurately capture the time it takes to handle cases. This study may show the need for additional staff in the future.
15th Judicial District Court Services Unit
This Budget also includes the 15th Judicial District Court Services Unit, which is staffed with a full-time Intake and Probation Officer.
Current Court Schedule
General District Court Traffic and Criminal
- Every Wednesday
General District Civil
- First Tuesday of the month
- Judges: Robert E. Reibach and David B. Caddell, Jr.
Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court
- First, Third and Fifth Monday, Every Tuesday and First, Second, Third and Fourth Friday.
- Judges: Joseph A. Vance and John E. Franklin