King George Parks and Recreation
Mount Rushmore, Badlands, & Black Hills of South Dakota Trip
This trip to South Dakota lasts for 11 days and 10 nights. It runs from June 2 through June 12, 2023. The cost is $1309 for double occupancy; add $400 for single occupancy. $75 is due at signing.
Here are some of what the price includes:
- Motorcoach transportation
- 10 nights lodging including 4 consecutive nights in South Dakota
- 18 meals: 10 breakfasts and 8 dinners
- Visit to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Tour of Wildlife Loop Road at Custer State Park
- Admission to the Unique Journey Museum
- Guided Tour of Deadwood, plus gaming at a Deadwood Casino
- Visit to the amazing Crazy Horse Memorial
- Visit to the spectacular Badlands National Park
Here is the itinerary for the trip:
- Day 1
- Board your spacious, video and restroom equipped Motorcoach and set off for the legendary Black Hills of South Dakota. Tonight, check into an en route hotel for a good night's rest.
- Day 2
- After enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will depart for the Toledo Museum of Art. Later in the day, enjoy Dinner and check into your en route hotel.
- Day 3
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast before leaving for the Amana Heritage Museum. Later that day, after a relaxing Dinner, you'll check into your en route hotel.
- Day 4
- Today, after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will depart for a visit to the spectacular Badlands National Park. Then, you will go to the amazing Wall Drug Store before having Dinner and checking into your South Dakota area hotel.
- Day 5
- Start the day with a Continental Breakfast before heading to the BORGLUM HISTORICAL CENTER, where you will learn the story of Gutzon Borglum, the sculptor of Mount Rushmore. Afterward go to the MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL, America's “Shrine of Democracy” and a symbol of the nation's rich history, rugged determination, and love of freedom. Then enjoy a TOUR OF WILDLIFE LOOP ROAD at CUSTER STATE PARK. The Wildlife Loop Road takes you through rolling prairies and pine covered hills, offering one of the best spots in the region to view native animals in the wild. This evening, enjoy Dinner and entertainment.
- Day 6
- After enjoying Continental Breakfast, you will go to the High Plains Western Heritage Center. Then, you'll head for Deadwood, South Dakota, the former home of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane - now the location of gaming establishments in beautifully restored historic hotels and saloons. Enjoy a GUIDED TOUR OF DEADWOOD, have some gaming excitement and later, enjoy Dinner.
- Day 7
- Today after Continental Breakfast, your tour takes you to the unique JOURNEY MUSEUM, which tells the complete history of the mystical Black Hills. Then, prepare for an inspirational sight at the magnificent and spectacular CRAZY HORSE MEMORIAL, destined to be the world's largest memorial upon completion. You'll also learn about the sculptor Korczak Ziolkowski, his vision, and the loving family who continues his life's work. This evening enjoy Dinner and entertainment.
- Day 8
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast before leaving for the famous Corn Palace. Later that day, after a relaxing Dinner, you'll check into your en route hotel.
- Day 9
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast at your hotel before leaving for the Des Moines Botanical Center in Des Moines, IA. That night, enjoy Dinner and check into your en route hotel.
- Day 10
- Today after a Continental Breakfast, you will visit the Studebaker National Musuem in South Bend, IN. Tonight, rest in your en route hotel.
- Day 11
- Today, after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you depart for home... a perfect time to chat with your friends about all the fun things you've done, the great sights you've seen and where your next group trip will take you!
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Vivian Shelton at (540) 775 - 4FUN